1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Dump???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChicagoSnow, Dec 31, 2001.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I'm trying to find more information if a stainless steel dump body can be purchased/installed to accompany a central hydraulic-tail gate salter. Seems like it would be beautiful combination!

Let me know? How much?

Thanks,

Joe

2. jdjoe_97

jdjoe_97 Member

YEP!

I just saw one today on the internet. I will look and see if I can find it. It was an upfitter that has a Ford F550 package deal. And it has an entirely stainless dump box on it. Joe

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

www.smithspreaders.com
    second link on left on home page, they also make stainless dump bodies as well.
    Dino

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm starting to see quite a few of them around here. I looked at one at a show and was talking to the dealer, they are within $1000 of a steel body. I don't remember the exact numbers. They sure do look sharp when they're polished!!

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Take a look at this set up www.tarrantmfg.com and look at the snowfighter package

Now that looks pretty good I just wounder what it cost $45-58K does any one know?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2001
  6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I had checked out the link Cat320 offered and was impressed with the snowfighter package. I noticed they are in Saratoga, about 2 hours from me and e-mailed them with some questions. I also let them know I'd like to go up and see the truck. The following day they replied and said to call ASAP. They had a demo unit nearby to show me, but I received the message too late. Well this morning we connected and this is some impressive truck! Here are a few photos. Check their website for more details on features.

In this photo, they have a Viking snowplow which uses a piece of polyurethane for a tripedge hinge and another piece to form a torsion bar as the moldboard trip spring.

Note the LED lights in the cab protector, no need for rooftop lighting.

tarrant 1.jpg

7. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I like the stainless body!

How much do you think that F550 w/snow package is worth?

Thanks,

Joe

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The spinner is mounted via a two inch receiver style tube that can be extended to various lengths or tipped 90 degrees out of the way. There are quick release fittings on the hoses for easy summer removal

tarrant 2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2002
  9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The body is raised to feed sand to the conveyor which travels on the left side of the body. There is a plate that folds down over the conveyor for regular dump truck use.

tarrant 3.jpg

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Note how large the pistons are! The hydaulic tank and valves are ahead of the wheel.

tarrant 4.jpg

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Valve body assembly

tarrant 5.jpg

12. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Under hood 17 gpm pump, dual v-belt drive, electric clutch. Operates all sander and dump functions and the plow too.

tarrant 6.jpg

13. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

awesome pics. sure looks nice and convenient.

14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Pathfinder Plows uses the same trip edge style.

15. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Control valves. There's also a conveyor/spinner speed control valve between the seat belt latches. The hoses attatch to the bottom of the valve through the floor so if there are any leaks they go to the ground instead of the floor.

This is the last shot I have. This set up is similar to what my County Highway dept is using. I know it's a lot more convenient than my V box sander, no tailgate to remove, or unit to move in and out. When you're done sanding, just dump the excess off in dump truck mode. One pile, no more running the load off and making a mess. Very tempting!

tarrant 7.jpg

16. diginahole

diginahole Member

Add fold down sides and you have got one sweet unit there.

17. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey pelican01-

On a trip two summers ago, we happened to go by their plant in Saratoga Springs. I told my parents we had to stop in, thinking it was a DPW shed. I got info about their municipal truck package, the one you had photos of. I also saw the first truck, it had a 6spd and steel combo bed.

Not sure what price u were told, back then, in 2000 the price was around $58k if i remeber correctly.

That truck is really nice, would love to buy one if i had some private roads or something.

Bryan

18. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

now the big question how much does it cost?? And how long would it take the adverage guy to pay for it?

19. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I was given a ballpark price quite a bit less than what Snow quoted. He is going to e-mail me with a quote. Are we allowed to quote prices here on the forum? I had seen questions raised about this before.

Think about this though, Stainless dump body mounted, $7000, Stainless sander, $7000?, 9' plow mounted, $3500, total $17500

Convenience, no pony motor to screw with, no V-box in & out, LIVE hydraulics.....Priceless!

20. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

what about the whole truck total as a package, since they sell it as a package. I think you could get an F550 XL diesel, 4x4, ac, 141" wb, plow prep for like $31k and some change, so the total would be $48,500 or so. And if you see 550 dumps they're going for $39k with just a dump body on them.

bryan