1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Dent Repair

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tdog206, Sep 19, 2015.

1. tdog206

tdog206 Member

I just picked up a used 8 foot Stainless Steel Vbox. It has a couple of dents about 6 inches long on the driver's side near the top and the chute got a little bent up last winter.

Anybody ever try to repair one. I was going to try a little heat and tap it out but didn't want to make it look worse than it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Leave it alone If it's only for looks. If it stopped the operation of the unit than fix it. Stainless is tough but doesn't like to be played with you could make it a much bigger problem!

3. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Thanks for the reply Fireside. The box can be left alone but the chute needs attention. It is bent quite a bit and to install the spinner shaft back on, I have to fix it. Maybe even a big ass hammer. I just need it functioning to make money. A replacement chute is too much money to spend on this unit.