1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stacking Stopper

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajordan193, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Just bought a new poly 8.6 MVP and came with the stacking stopper installed. This really limits the height of the plow and I do not care for it. Talked to the dealer and they cannot take it off due to warranty issues. What has everyone else done in this situation?

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I thought those were a good thing as you just lift as high as you can against them and then it does not move around when transporting.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the stop saves wear and tear on the a frame and upright.

4. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

I agree with it saving the wear and tear on the a frame. But I am not able to lift the blade all the way up in order to stack. Dealer told me that I could remove it or modify so I can get more lift from it.

5. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

fix it...

[​IMG]

6. no lead

have you stacked snow with it yet?

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Blade is brand new. I've searched the forums and haven't heard much about this before. So just wondering if others with an mvp have left it on, taken it off or modified it.

8. no lead

i would push snow with it and see how it performs before i worried to much.

9. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I installed a straight blade ultramount pro on my dads F350 and removed the stop. Just make sure if you take it off you see how high the blade will go up when stacking snow. The dealership said on some trucks it can come back and hit the truck. The parts guy told me this not sure how it would happen but checking first is cheaper than buying a hood.

I do agree with you it really does limit how far it goes up.

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I replaced the one on my wideout with a 1in thick piece of urethane (leftover from an old cutting edge)....it allowed it more lift and still has something there for protection.

11. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

I agree there needs to be more protection on the frame itself. I'm thinking of cutting the stacking stopper down so I can still lift and have that extra protection also. Thanks for the replys