1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stacking snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why don't you use a bucket?
  3. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

#1- he's not knocking down trees and a pole to get the snow behind them

#2- snow crystals through a snow blower gets sliced and diced and compacted and takes up less room rather than using a bucket
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Just trying to beat others to the punch huh? lol
  5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Does that blower have its own engine? Also what size blower? Nice vid.

6. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

i love how everyone slows down when they see it!!!................on second thought id do the same
  7. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

I think he said in another post that the blower is somewhere around 275 hp. Nice vid.
  8. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

I'd rather use a bucket, assuming I've got the space on site. The blower is amazing, but also very slow.
  9. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

If I had that blower I would use it to blow snow in circles.
  10. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

Slow? If efficient = slow..... then I guess it's slow. Look at all the room he made in the space he had to work in. Think of all the backing up you have to do when using a bucket, especially with a machine that size, and all the chances you have to smash one of those nice cars that he is working right next to.
  11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Ok he got rid of that whole pile in eight minuets, I don't think its even possible to do that with a bucket and leave as much space. As the guys below figured out

That's how we make it disappear. ;)

You got it, and hauling is included in this contract. He got rid of 4 truck loads of snow in 8 minuets. :drinkup:
  12. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice workin' machine. sure looks like a good way to get rid of it to me
  13. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

At our malls we get the box plows on our tractors tro bring the snow to the stack sites then with a Normand 312 Blower with snow going out of the side of the drum (not the chute) we airmail it!!!!! Never had to truck snow away even during the 70cm snowfall in 99
  14. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Machine!!
    i like this vid b/c you can clearly see the blower!!!

is that the only one you run
  15. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

That thing literally makes the snow dis-appear.
  16. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thats what we do with our largest site. Its amazing how much snow you can blow out the side. Next time will try and video it.:drinkup:
    Yes its the only one we run.
  17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I was giving Paul a hard time. See the truck loading thread.

Yup, looks like I did, too.

Paul, you run a first class operation, no doubt. Starting to think a lot differently of Quebecians. ;)
  18. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

It was a quebecer who invented the snowblower Sicard (i think)
  19. Neige

Neige Sponsor

You are right. For those of you who are interested.

Though Robert Carr Harris of Dalhousie, New Brunswick patented a "Railway Screw Snow Excavator" in 1870, the invention did not advance. Various other innovations also occurred.[3] However, it is Arthur Sicard (December 17, 1876 - September 13, 1946) who is generally credited as the inventor of the snow blower. Arthur Sicard was a mentally challenged boy who lived on a farm when he was a boy, and used to sell milk. Finding that it was hard to transport his milk and eggs due to the snow, he dreamed up an idea for a machine that would blow snow and clear up roadways. In 1925 Sicard completed his first prototype, based on a concept he described in 1894.[4] He founded Sicard Industries in Sainte-Thérèse, Quebec and by 1927 his vehicles were in use removing snow from the roadways of the town of Outremont, now a borough of Montreal. His company is now a division of SMI-Snowblast, Inc. of Watertown, New York, USA, as well as a Canadian operation, Sicard SSI Group, Inc. in Knowlton, Quebec. [5]
  20. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

That blower sure did make it disappear, definitely see how it could be beneficial. What was behind the snowbanks? A stream or just more room past the curbing?