1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stacking snow with the ASV

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Feb 6, 2011.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Stacking piles with the 100 at the HOA in preparation of more snow to come. Piles were so packed and frozen from the warm sunny days and frigid nights that the snowblower would have been useless.

ive got another video to upload as well but heres this one for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFTk-hUj5g

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I bought an ASV RC-50 this fall along with a snowblower for it. It's been great for keeping the banks and windrows done. Used to use a tractor with a 3 pt blower to do this, but the ASV is much better (warmer, dryer, and faster). It's nice being able to lift the blower up and tilt it to shave off the higher piles.

I also use it to make trails through the field; the thing's a beast. I would have loved to have got the larger horsepower model, but man these things cost a fortune. The 50hp works great, so I can only imagine what the 100 hp one is like.

3. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

good looking machine. nice work

4. PTSolutions

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

NIce skid! The second video redeemed the first one. That 100 should be able to move mountain's of snow.

6. PTSolutions

in that first one, it looks like he couldnt push anything, but he was trying not to bend or break that wooden sign as the giant ice slab was up against it. i was wondering what the heck he was doing as well,