1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stacking blocks on xtreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by everestscape, Nov 28, 2013.

1. everestscape

everestscape Member

Hey guys, took delivery of my new 8.5 xtreme v two weeks ago. Haven't used it yet but when I was moving it around the shop on my truck I noticed from the drivers seat how far the lift ram didn't rise up like it does on my straight blade. The plow has two blocks that prevent it from rising all the way up, in turn preventing from stacking to its full advantage. The question here is do they need to be there, do they make shorter ones, can I cut them and weld them shorter? If they are there for a particular reason ill leave them. Any thoughts, thanks guys!!!
  2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I just got my V too. I removed the long ones and installed the 2" ones I had from my EZV. I'm all the way in the lowest of the three holes in back. When lifted in V mode, the inner right side trip spring mount comes close to the very edge of the pump case by 1/8". I don't see myself hitting piles in V mode so I should be good. It drastically improved the height that the blade can be lifted, thus improving stack ability. Also, I adjusted the chain length so that at full lift the blade comes within 1/8" of the stacking blocks. The blade lifts so high now that the headlights are blocked in scoop mode..
    I used the ezv ones because they are longer thus reaching the ram pin instead of the push frame.

3. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My westerns came with them When I installed them I didn't put them on

Now Fisher pump sits outside the frame so if removed the plow could come up and hit pump But on western the plow wont
  5. everestscape

everestscape Member

I have headlight risers on mine to begin with so the plow won't block them any way. I see what you are saying about the pump kind of sticking its neck out there. I wonder if I shorten them up some if it'll be fine, might have to wait till the first storm and see
  6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Also make sure you are not over extending the lift ram.
  7. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

I also used my old EZ V blocks and it's fine, cut a set on one of the others, have not
    Wrecked the pump ......yet.
  8. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

If you alter the stops just make sure the power unit is clear from the moving blade.
    I have seen many x vee come in with the cover smashed and module broken from people removing or cutting the stops too short.
    V the blade back and raise it till its on the stops to check for clearance.