1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stacking/backdragging with 800 straight

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ed salvatore, Oct 25, 2005.

1. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

Just wondering how the 800 does for stacking. The videos don't seem to show the plow rising too high. Also, how well does it backdrag away from a garage? The cutting edge angle looks really aggressive for backdragging.

Does anybody have any experience with these. I'm having one installed in the next couple of weeks.

2. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

What type of vehicle are you putting it on? I'm thinking of going with the same plow. Where are you purchasing it?
  3. butters

butters Member

I have a 760 LT and have no trouble stacking snow. I don't see how it would stack any different than any other plow. I made some pretty good size piles last year.

As for the backdragging I would say it did ok. I don't do much backdraging except around my house so I can't really say yeah or nay on it. I know that my 760 LT is only 550 lbs so weight could be a factor too. I know that heavier plows seem to do a little better.
  4. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

new 800 on '04 dodge 2500 quad

Looking at either Portsmouth ford ($3000 installed or Pro Image ($3300 installed. Installs are a bit iffy at Portsmouth I'm hearing.