1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ST90 & E-47 Problems (wont hold angle wont sit flat)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by fedspunisher, Sep 29, 2008.

1. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

I have searched both of these and just making sure before i tear stuff apart or buy replacement parts that its probably the crossover relief valve that is causing it to not hold the angle and that it is probably the pivit pin/hole that is to big and causing it to bind and lift the corner of the blade up?

Im going to put the blade back on and see if it only happens at full tilt and see if i can force it down and see if it happens both ways. Any other things i should try that would help narrow down the problem??

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

measure from the ground to the center of your mounting pin holes.

3. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Im pretty sure that is the issue i'll be rebuilding my mount tonight. It came on the truck and its pretty rough to say the least needs rebuilt anyway. I'll just throw a level on the A-Frame and find the height that the mount needs to be. I have a mount off of another truck so between the 2 of them hopefully i can come up with a good secure way to mount it at the proper height. Im guessing it was mounted the same way on the truck i got it off of because all the holes were oblong and really sloppy i tightened them all up. The cutting edge was already worn pretty bad toward the edges before i got it.