1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ST2 mount in Chevy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Oct 12, 2007.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I just thought I would show off my Smart touch 2 mounted to a bracket that I made.
    The inner part of the armrest/coin holder is the same on both my '98 and '02, so I made the same bracket for both.

plowcontrol.jpg

2. secret_weapon

here's another pic

st2.jpg

3. secret_weapon

and another...:rolleyes:

1012070809a.jpg

4. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

You could sell that idea!

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

nice I might have to do somthing like that.

6. daplowman

daplowman Member

Now thats a true plow guy

Notice the Malox within reach of the controler. Dont we all know that feeling:drinkup:

7. secret_weapon

LOL! It's actually a bottle of hand lotion, my hands get very dry when plowing. Especially the one that's always on the wheel.

8. Jgrub75

Jgrub75 Member

What is holding the controler to the bracket ? I have a simaler idea for my console and was wondering how to attach it.

9. secret_weapon

On this controller I took it apart, drilled 2 holes through the back and 2 holes through the bracket, used tie strap. I was considering 2 sided tape or velcro, but I wanted it secure and not have to worry about it falling off.

I also drilled 2 holes just below controller for tie strap to hold wire where it comes out.

I used 3/16" steel and 1/2" round bar welded to back side to fit in coin holder. It does a good job of keeping it in one place.

The small slot in the bracket slides down over a screw loosely to keep it from falling out when I open the lid.

As you can see, I put many man hours of R&D into designing this.:sleeping: :D A patent is definitely in order.payup

10. Jgrub75

Jgrub75 Member

Thank you very much that helps alot.