1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ST VS 24 Series Snoway Plow for Toyota Taco?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Dwestie, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Dwestie

Dwestie Junior Member

I have a 05' Toyota Tacoma and currently have a series 24 6'-8" w/DP love the plow but was thinking about going to a ST 6'-8" w/DP and a wireless controller instead of my current joystick. Main reason for the change would be the weight factor. I do have Timbren's on the front and back (I use a Snowman back plow for ballast and back dragging) I am just looking for some opinons as to if I will be disappointed with the lighter ST vs the 24?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you considered putting your 24 on a diet? change it to Poly skin and a Poly blade save a ton of weight and retain the advantages of the higher blade.

3. Dwestie

Dwestie Junior Member

The 24 already has a poly skin on it but of coarse the scraper blade is metal. I figure the metal is better as the poly (from what I read) does not scrape very well.

4. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I now have my 7'6" MT "on bashers diet" on my Isuzu Trooper. I replaced the 6'8" ST that was on it. I love the taller blade, and the poly edge scrapes just as well as the steel did. I love it. It's like plowing with sports car with a full size blade. I like plowing with it better than with my F250.

5. Dwestie

Dwestie Junior Member

Does anyone know if I can put a 24 blade onto a ST A frame? And then vice versa a ST blade onto a 24 A frame so that I would have something to sell? I am thinking that the Wireless controller on the ST is the way to go as opposed to the Joystick on my current 24 also I would think that the ST A frame would save me a little weight as well, although I am used to the joystick I would think that the hand held is the way to go.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not a good idea, the ST A-frame is not designed for the extra loads.

7. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

If you are serious about getting an ST I would consider selling mine. The 7'6' is installed, and has never been used, and I have the original 6'8" blade too. It has a wired controller. If you have a 3 pin mount it should plug and play.