1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ST Plow Questions

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Oct 22, 2008.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I'm looking at buying an ST series plow, the only thing is that 1.) it will not angle left or right, the current owner said that is would go up and down, just not side to side. Also it is for the YJ, not the TJ. The headlight adapters are pretty generic on these vehicles so I should be able to make that work. However by using the YJ harness should I run into any other problems? Also does anyone know of dealers swapping out mounts? Is $1,000 for this plow a good deal?
  2. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Im surprised Basher or Tom havent responded yet - but I will tell you what i know, and give you a bump to the top.

I have an 7'6" MT on my Jeep TJ series (LJ Rubicon). Its an awesome plow (as is the ST - pretty much the same thing) - and with the short wheelbase is perfect for driveways and small parking lots.

It appears you have a TJ - I think the light harness should work fine, my plow was originally bought for a 1994 S-10 blazer - and the harness went right into my TJ Willys - and now my LJ Rubi.

I highly recommend 2 things. 1 is the poly scraper blade - it shaves quite a bit of weight off the plow - AND protects driveways from scrapes.

I also recommend you order up a set of Air-Lift bags for the front of the TJ. Very easy to install - the hardest part is drilling out the hole in the spring perch for the airline to go through. While you have the springs out - add a 3/4" poly spacer to the front to compensate for the plow mount weight.

Take whatever mount he has. Basher can confirm - but most likely you can reuse the nose piece - or make it work. I used a band saw to cut 1.5" inches off the mounting tabs on my S-10 nosepiece to make it work for the jeep (thanks Basher!)

You have made a great choice with the SnoWay - I LOVE mine - and the Sno-Way people are just awesome!

Willys TJ when I first put the plow on - no airbags, no lift....

Airlift Bags installed in front:

Lift, airbags, 32"s and the demo of how great that poly blade cleans...

I bought the LJ Rubi in March - so the plow was only on for a few weeks. Ill get more plow pics this winter.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I don't know how I missed this thread with all the time I spend over here :dizzy:

Our ST Series makes an excellent Jeep application. If you choose to buy it we can get you access to manuals for the plow, as well as help you troubleshoot the angle issue.

For your Jeep you would need part #99100301 Mount Kit along with part #96103001 Nosepiece for a complete vehicle subframe. The light harness would be part #99100196. All of these items would be available through your nearest retailer.

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way.