1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

St. Louis: Where's the snow?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by accentlawn, Jan 18, 2008.

1. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

Where's the snow? We've only had 1 plowable event so far.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

it just snowed here tonite for about 20 minutes, does that count.. :dizzy:
    where are you in st. louis?

3. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

I'm in Florissant. I'm work mainly around O'fallon.

4. xtreem3d

across the river ofallon IL , or ofallon MO?

5. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

O'fallon, Mo What area are you in?

6. xtreem3d

i'm in south county

7. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Maybe Monday night. That looks like are best chance.:rolleyes:

8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

it's all in northern missouri this year....about 30" so far.... i'm sure you will get your turn when it warms up.

9. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

dear god id have to file if i had a winter like that

10. Jay brown

we call snow plowing a HOBBIE around here...STL average is probaly about 12"...KC is about 15" and our average is about 20" LOL you probably get that before DEC.

11. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

1/2 inch????

Maybe we'll get to salt tonight...hopefully we get something to plow soon. I'll take the 1/2 inch though.

12. xtreem3d

so how did all you guys make out last night? at least it was something purplebou

13. Jay brown

we got ice up here

14. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

A 1/4 inch at the most..pretty pathetic but the sleet/freezing rain made it slick enough, with a light dusting of snow on top, to salt. Now if only the new iceoway would work right consistently.

15. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Got to salt. Better than nothing.

16. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

Another salting tonight, hope we get a decent amount on Thursday.

17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

You guys getting ready? Snow is coming!:gunsfiring:payup

18. xtreem3d

i'm getting ready and trying to be optomstic but it's hard , we hire our own meteorologist and it seems he keeps backing off on snow amount...not sure what the weather channel is saying guess we'll see

19. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

i forgot ........

i forgot how to hook up a plow, its been so long since we've had snow.......WAIT I don't know where the plows are at ............haha

Seriously though, if nothing else I hope we can get a decent plowable event. 10" and up would be really nice, it would weed out a lot of the really unprofessional guys around here and it would make next year nice....there would be more people willing to pay OUR price instead of THEIR price. Anyways we'll see how it goes. All the salt from last night, that is still on the lots will burn off some of it AND cause some calls about why do you need to presalt my lot.

20. xtreem3d

wow...what a storm,10 hours of snow, our meteorologist said that at one point( about 2:30 am) we got almost 2" in that hour. 37 hours straight to basically get done. finally got to plow w/ the skid steer and Boss/Kage . it's a cool piece . my skids are both single speed but can still out push a truck. i got to test drive a 2 speed new holland today , i don't know how fast all skids are but this was VERY impressive. i'm postive i could probably pretty easily out plow 2 trucks w/ the 2 speed. how'd the rest of you guys do?