1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

St. Louis MO snow thread!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by vailllcplows, Dec 3, 2011.

1. vailllcplows

vailllcplows Junior Member

So it looks like we may get what we want on monday:nod:

2. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

I doubt it. I'm predicting a mix with the majority of rain, and im no pessimist.

3. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Calling for 1-2" of just snow for us. I am hoping for just a dusting, but you never know.

4. FourRLawn

FourRLawn Junior Member

dont look like we are gonna get anything this time around

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Im 3 hrs north and calling nothing here but you guys can have it I care less if it snows
    Last 3 years I had my fill Im ready fors old winters again very little snow LOL

6. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

I want like 6 inches. By tommorow. Any amount of snow at any time is a blessing.

7. vailllcplows

Ya i would like 6-8 that would be awesome. Storm ends at like 1am have everything looking great by 6 or 7.

8. FourRLawn

FourRLawn Junior Member

ya that would be nice. just no ice like last year i hated trying to get that stuff up

9. vailllcplows

Ya that storm when we got like 3in of sleet i wanted to bill for 10 in of snow that stuff sucked to get up. It was like driving through sand, really cold sand haha.

10. FourRLawn

FourRLawn Junior Member

does anybody know where the best and cheapest bagged treated rock salt or non treated rock salt is?

11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

We don't use bagged but i just bought some other stuff from a new place here in STL called Snow Pro..I think the number is 314-544-1101. I bought some ice melt (not calcium) just to try out @ 7.00 bag which i thought was a good price...not sure what his salt price is,
    Steve

12. FourRLawn

FourRLawn Junior Member

Well guys looks like we might get to push some snow monday night or tuesday morning. I guess we will see?!?!?!?!

13. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Ya ,well see, Im worried about the surface temps. It was 50 today and Monday is supposed to be mid 40.

14. vailllcplows

I hope so, but it looks like its going to hit 43 in the afternoon on Tues so may just melt off. At least its enough to get us excited.

15. FourRLawn

FourRLawn Junior Member

ya i think its going to get us excited and thats it nothing to do but maybe salt

16. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

That snow Monday, will be the only snow we see all year. This winter is not looking good. You guys should check out Chris Higgins website really good info on the weather. Very good

www.morethanweatherstl.com

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  17. FourRLawn

FourRLawn Junior Member

For this year ya but I hope the new year will bring some snow with it

18. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

You guys remember around 2005 or so. We had 2 winters in a row with now plowing! I am hoping that it is just a bit late this year. Fall was a about a month late, so hopefully we also get snow in March. March is a high snowfall month if it does.

19. vailllcplows

May get to plow. Looks like salt runs are 100% going to be a go.

20. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

3-4 inches is in the forecast for me in Kirksville mo