1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

St. Louis Area Bulk

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gsphunter, Jan 24, 2014.

1. gsphunter

gsphunter Junior Member

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have any leads on bulk salt in the St. Louis area? I can get it, but it's going to run $130-$140/ton.

2. resilient63

resilient63 Member

I suggest Gunther Salt Company.
    Definitely stay away from A1 Salt.The material we purchased from them was garbage.

3. gsphunter

gsphunter Junior Member

At this point garbage salt is better than none at all. I have a little under 20 tons in our bin right now which would get us through one event and then we would be down to priority customers only.

I've talked to Gunther and they are not taking on any new business. They are only going to guarantee salt for their current customers.

Just called A1 and he said they have none to sell either.

Ready to put 2013-14 snow season behind us!

4. gsphunter

gsphunter Junior Member

If there are any current customers of Gunther's that would be willing to re-sell salt from them. I'd be interested in working something out with you.

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Most are saying if you can get salt you better...I have heard there is plenty down south but it cant be loaded and hauled fast enough. If there are no storms for another week or so I think you might be able to find it somewhere for a better price than 130 per ton

6. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

I just bought a load of clearlane last week for $75/ton. Call cargill and see if they have any left. When I got mine they had just got a barge full...might be gone by now. Beelman are the ones who distribute it so you could just call their river terminal to see if they have it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  7. melt all

melt all Member

We have bulk salt $115/ton FOB marcus hook, PA
    I can assure you salt in bulk and bagged is gone for the season.....get it while you can 610-497-9390