1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ST click - that's it ??!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by scottL, Dec 27, 2009.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

New ST ... only used this season. Once or twice it would hesitate to lift. Last night plowing went to lift the plow into a pile and nothing.

Click from the solenoid and nothing else. We had to get a jack and release the DP relief in order for the plow to raise so we could get it home.

All things visual seem fine, power, ground, everything is clean. It seems to be stuck with pressure or the motor is dead. No sound from the motor but, to lift I had to release the DP presure.

Any thoughts?? ( None of the dealers are on until Monday ).
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Use some jumper cables and put 12v to the motor, if it runs you need a new solenoid.
  3. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Do you have remote control? If yes, does it have fresh batteries?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use entergizers.

Check the fuses under the pump cover.
  5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

So...... We have a wired controller. I went through some basics and I thought either pressure was built up from a stuck whatever causing the motor to not perform or the motor was toast.

On a Sunday we started calling around and found a local shop who just happened to be checking vmails...... He took us right away and it turned out something inside the motor failed. So, he replaced the entire motor. All is happy now.

I've never had a motor fail without warning before. Usually they start to whine, draw more amps ... something. Now she is humming along.

( We asked if they could set the PSI reliefs on the unit too ... he had no ideas what I was talking about. But, he had a motor :nod: )