1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

St 90

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Cfdff85, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Meyer ST-90, would be a 90" plow, or a 7' 6" plow right!
    i have had controversies with some people saying meyer doesn't make a 7' 6" plow called the ST-90 thats correct but they did right?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Meyer used to call them ST-90's and now their referred to as ST7.5's. Both still the same 7 1/2 foot standard series blade though.
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Slight differences

Ditto to what B&B said, but there are a few minor differences.

The ST90 has two trip springs and they use real angle iron on the moldboard re-inforcements.

The STL 7.5 has three trip springs and they use formed angle iron on the reinforcements.

They both have had a series of changes on the A Frame and quadrant, for what ever reason Meyer's can't make them all the same, lol

I have changed a few ST 90's quadrants over to newer styles, and even converted one into a MDII set-up, Meyers really makes a simple plow old or new they can be easily adapted to most any configuration

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nascar 24 touched on something I should have mentioned. Their's actually three series of plows that fall into this catagory....the ST-90,the ST 7.5 and the STL 7.5. The STL 7.5 is an even lighter version of the ST 7.5 used on 1/2 ton full size truck's that don't have enough front axle GVWR for the ST 7.5 The STL's are easy to distinguish from the ST's as they use the same small, short trip spring's as the TM series blade's.
  5. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

The 90 is the old designation of what is now the 7.5 as stated by Nascar and B&B. As you can see I have both, and would like to add that another difference is the attachment point for the plow shoes. On the 90 it's a triangular piece of angle iron, and on the 7.5 is the much improved 1.25" hole that holds the shaft on which the shoe rides.