1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ST-90 Plow Help?!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Cfdff85, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

I have an old St-90 Plow, I'm not sure what hydraulic system the plow has but i need help because where the hydraulic ram goes in and out of the system its has a very slow leak, is that a simple gasket problem or what? also on the bottom of the unit there is a bolt head that has a slow leak as well. Now the bolt head is easy to fix, just take a little RTV but i'm not sure how to fix the other leak. Any Idea's?
  2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

I'm assuming you're talking about the angling ram, therefore, To fix it quick, tighten the big nut at the top of the casing where the ram goes in. To fix it right, buy a packing kit for the ram and redo it. Packing kits are cheap and pretty easy to do.
  3. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

I meant the lift ram the angling ones are fine
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

If the lift ram has fluid coming out around it, the seal at the base of the ram is bad. Not hard to fix if it is an e-47 or e-60(not sure on the really old pumps. Click on the Meyer link at the top of the page and download the manual for your pump. It will show a break down of the pump.

Also, the plug that is leaking should have an o-ring under it.
  5. cnyjeepguy

cnyjeepguy Junior Member

My ST-90 does not have a elec/hydraulic pump, it uses an engine mounted pump with a exterior lift ram only. If anyone else has information about adapting the truckside framework from this era meyer to newer model truck I would be grateful. Are conventional brackets still in production?