1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SSXV wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ATouchofGrass, Nov 18, 2011.

1. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

I just bought a 8.5 xtreme v from my buddy, i took the wiring out of his dodge 05 dodge. Now the plow is going on my 02 chevy, the wiring is the 3 port with 2 connector with multiplex obviously, now the headlights are different as to the dodges that are the same as the fords. Now, i have a 4 port mm1 wiring setup that has the correct headlight connectors, i prolly cannot use them, but i thought id give it a shot. Anyone have any knowledge on it or should i just buy a new harness that is meannt for the 3 port.?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a wiring setup that will fit your truck with the 4 port module use that, and sell the setup with the 3 port.Now is the perfect time to sell.

3. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Well i could do that, but the controller connections are different on the 3 port and 4 port harnesses. Plus i need one of the wiring setups for my other backup truck..

4. chevyzrule810

then if you need the wiring yes I would buy a new harness.You have pushplates for the chevy?

5. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Yeah thats what i figured, you don't happen to know the part number haha, i can prolly find it.. Thought i'd ask! I do indeed have the push plates thankfully!

6. chevyzrule810

29048-1 for the headlamp harness

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You can use your 4 port and use adapter #29175,around $30,that will plug into the #1 location of the 4 port and youe Extreme V controll harness will plug into that,save you a bunch of money

8. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Figures haha, i just bought a used harness from my buddy for 60 bucks.. I was keeping the 4 port for my brothers powerstroke as a backup. Thanks for the idea though!