1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SS XBlade Fitment Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by monteballz, Feb 28, 2009.

1. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

I've found a MM2 SS XBlade for sale locally that's in very good condition. Its at a car lot where it came off an 03 Denali 1500 that was traded in. Its the complete setup that's for sale. The dealer doesnt know what year exactly the plow is but he says that it will work with my 07' New Body style GMC Sierra 2500HD. I can actually pick this up at a good price but i'm concerned about it being compatable with my truck. Any help, suggestions, or info about this would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first plow that i've ever bought. so maybe some info on what else should come with the setup other than the plow itself would be good too. i'm also going to post this in the Fisher Plow forum because I didnt know which forum would be better. Thanks in advance for any help/info I get!!!

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

How big is the Xblade? Is your truck an extended cab? Do you have the Dmax? If you have the gasser I wouldnt think there would be an issue. But if you got a Dmax you could run into warranty issues becuase No plow preps on the Nex Dmax in anything bigger than the reg cab. And who puts an xblade on a Denial? Must be a 7.5ft. What do you plan on plowing also? Are you planing on Subbing? Might want to get an 8ft. Also whats a good price? And I doubt it will bolt right up since you have different body style. I could be wrong. I am sure a Chevy guy can help you on that

I just checked Ematch. If you got the gasser it will have no issues with weight. Its just the Dmax that doesnt allow many options. could it hold the weight of an Xblade with Dmax. Yeah with a little help. But it could be a warranty issue

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just going to need a new mount. All the electrical will be the same between the 2 trucks.

4. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

sorry for not being more specific. my truck is the 6.0 gas engine. And the plow is an 8ft

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Still the same.

6. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

if you dont buy the plow pm me im interested

7. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I have a 05 2500hd gas w a 8.5 v and its just fine. you should be allright if it was on a denali as I would guess this is a 7.5. you will need however new push plates and wirering harness ussually you can get all this installed for around 1000.00

8. josh9410

josh9410 Member

the wiring harness is the same for your truck, all you will need is a new set of pushplates