1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ss x-blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joelbouch, Oct 27, 2009.

1. joelbouch

joelbouch Senior Member

ok guys time of the year to go though all the plows well this year all my ss plows got rust spots on the back and alot of other stuck junk on it i tried alot of degreasers nothing has work for me dont wana take a brillo pad to it so what do you use to clean the stainless all input is greatly appercatied

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

stainless steel cleaner?

3. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I cleaned mine last year. Take the moldboard off the bracing by removing the top bolts. Comes off very easily. then I used a degreaser full strength. Then used Mothers metal polish. While the moldboard is off you can really clean up the X bracing. Good luck

4. joelbouch

joelbouch Senior Member

ya the top bolts are on there good dont think i could get them off with out brakeing

5. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Try soaking the bolts with CRC power lube. Keep the bolt from moving and just try to remove nut. I haven't passed your truck on Jefferson ave. in the morning lately, did you get a new truck.

6. joelbouch

joelbouch Senior Member

ya i tryed pn blaster with heat screw still didnt budge makes me wana go out and my ss bolts and cut all these star bolts i was thinking acid wash but cant find a acid wash for it