1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SS sander hopper deflectors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ADMSWELDING, Feb 11, 2006.

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

This is a photo of hopper deflectors and side rails raised 6" on a ss sander for a customer of mine.

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Nice job :drinkup:
  3. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Looks good. I was thinking of a set up like that since I have a 6' spreader and I get a lot of overspill while getting loaded up with a bucket loader. I've seen a couple of setups like that on some of the local town trucks. Are the sides welded directly to the hopper or is it removable at all?
  4. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Real nice weldin work there!!! You keeping busy? ready for the storm im sure..? Is that a 450 or 550 in the pic? Hope you keep real busy with the storm tonight and tomm.
  5. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

hey admswelding i saw you out on 128 yesterday near the woburn toyota around 1215 i think with your two trucks and a silver ford, i was gunna take a picture but didnt realized who it was till i passed you

yes jet

yeah, that was me we plow out of the state pit [apache pass RT28]:salute:

those ss exstensions are welded down permenant to hopper
  8. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

lawncare18, thats a 550....i know as this truck is also a customer of mine :nod:
  9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

All I have to say is "Fill it up agian!!!" (with sand that is, not beer)
  10. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

must be a pain in the butt to get that thing off now.... lol

we use a skid and chain to lift sanders off, with those extensions might make it hard + might do damage to them. unless they do it with some other method.
  11. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

nope, still able to use strap and the CAT226 skid.

As far as i know he has had no problem with installing and removing that sander so far.Where all the snow guys?:(