1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SS plow couplings

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Leggslandscape, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Leggslandscape

Leggslandscape Member

I have a Takehuchi TL 130 and plan on mounting a Meyer 7.5 on it what size couplings do i need to hook up the power angle and what is the best site to buy the couplings/fittings to slow flow down etc. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

you can get them at your local dealer (cat, take, JD), or ebay has them. They are about 100 bucks. They are larger than the regular ones like on a older plow. But there is more pressure running thru them also.
  3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I fought this battle all of last week. I ended up having to run all around town buying different fittings to make things work. Be prepared to spend $300 if you need new hoses also.

I bought a flow reducer with a 1/16" orifice and will probably drill it out just a hair larger. The reducers I bought thread into the SS fittings.
  4. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Damn $300. My bobcat dealer has two hoses restrictors and couplers for $150. Is there somthing i'm missing as i'm in the process of converting one right now.
  5. cold_and_tired

I spent $110 at the "specialty" hydraulic shop for two hoses with the "correct" adapters which would plug into the quick disconnects and two 1/4" elbows. The "correct" adapters ended up being the wrong ones and were subsequently cut off and the dealer installed the right ones.

I spent $196 at Bobcat for the quick couplers, flow reducers and the correct adapters.

Maybe I should look to Minnesota for cheaper parts.
  6. Leggslandscape

Leggslandscape Member

What size hose restricters are best to use and does any one know the correct size quick conect for the takehuchi or the correct way to measure them at least dealer is far away trying to save a trip by buying everything online
  7. cold_and_tired

I bought 1/16" flow reducers. They are just a hair too small and I will probably end up drilling them out just a little.

I'm no help as far as coupler size goes. Can you give the dealer a call?
  8. Leggslandscape

Leggslandscape Member

Yea thats what im gonna do thanks for the help on the flow reducers