1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Srt-10

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Pelican, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Did a quick search on this and didn't turn up anything. Just wanted to let you "Dodge Boys" (remember that phrase?) what's in store for you.

It seems that what had started out as a concept vehicle may be going in to production. Dodge has stuffed the Viper drivetrain, V-10, 6 speed, and axles in to a 1/2 ton pickup and is calling it the SRT-10.

500 h.p., 500 ft. lbs. torque, 0-60 in 5 seconds, 12.9 sec quarter @106 mph. 0.92 lateral g's for handling, that's as good as a Vette. It's reported to cost $ 45,000.

While I'm a Ford guy, this thing ought to be fun! At the very least, it should start up some factory wars and be good for everyone!

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

This new Dodge should give new meaning to the term muscle truck.BTW the Z06 Vettes now have 405hp,and run 12.47-12.6@ 114-115 right out of the box,they are very bad,onee of my friends just bought a 2002,it is a rocket.In going to mess around with him with my Dodge ,just to see how bad he beats me.I hope to hild him off til 1/2 track,then im sure he'll blow by me,since my Dodge is about 13.7-13.8 @97-98 mph as of right now

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Here it is as seen at the New York Auto Show. Unfortunately, they had it roped off with the hood closed so I couldn't get a shot of the "goods".

The good news is, the rep told me that production is slated for 2004. Chevy and Ford better get busy!!

dodge srt-10.jpg

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

But will it push snow?

Bill

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

No plow needed! This truck's so hot, the snow will just melt before it!!!:D

6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Is he pricing still at 45K ?

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Lightnings will never die ( coming from a die hard Ford guy i dont wanna start a ruckus as has been done on all other forums i post on)

Jay

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I don't know if it ever actually went to production, I've yet to see one on the road. I don't know if the price still holds or not.

9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

it hasnt been produced yet. Still bein played around with at the factory. Name changes ram 500 was one. And playin with the looks of it. Changing grilles and cladding.

Jay

10. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

nothin wrong with this

ram_srt10_fq_sunset.jpg

11. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

or this

ram_srt10_rq_oh.jpg

12. long0

long0 Senior Member

Here's a link that gives a quick rundown on all the manfactures that have hot trucks out. For some reason, they included a Nissan along with the Big 3. :confused:

Personally, if I wanted to go fast, I would just buy a Vette.

Muscle Trucks

Andy

13. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Fords SVT Lightning will run with that truck with a chip, air filter kit and a change of the blower pulley. I doubt that truck will run 12.9s in the 1/4. Ill believe it when I see it. John, one of my buddies has a 2002 Z06 too. Hes got the Quicksilver exterior with all black interior, no bodyside moldings. Ive driven it, very nice car, very fast. Interior could have been made slightly nicer for a $51k car I think. Mike

14. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

mike--the dodge makes 500hp naturally aspirated--NOT YET SUPERCHARGED!

ram_srt10_fq_sunset2.jpg

15. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yea I know all about the new Dodge. The Lightning is about $32k and the Dodge is how much?? ;) Mike

16. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

much less than a viper i hope!

Now...let me see...how can i write this off as a business vehiclepayup

17. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Get the Lightning hints have been put out about twin supercharged version in the near future. The Dodge may look sweet but as usual with Dodge will probably be a short lived truck much like ohters in the past.

Jay

18. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

go ahead and buy your lightning--twin supercharged gets you what? 500-550hp? if the srt makes that stock there is way more room to grow--that 5.4l is already maxed out!

19. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

you do know that this engine thats in the SRT10 is the same as the one in the Viper. That is the Viper in which the Lightning performed equally well with in a competition which one of the magazines (i think MotorTrend) covered. I am looking at the pics and stuff from it which are hung on my wall of Lightnings as we speak.

Jay

20. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

Are you serious?