1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SR210 vibrator

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Riccas, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Riccas

Riccas Member

Anyone rigged up a vibrator to an SR210 yet? I bought the buyers one, haven't hooked it up yet. I was thinking i could just put on a new 7pin connector with leads from the brake controller for the vibrator, so when i use the manual lever i could actuate the vibrator. But that is my last resort option. I would like to make it power on an off automatically with the spinner. PLUS then i would know when the unit it actually on!

My plan would be to tap the power lead to the spinner, just for a signal to a relay, to power the vibrator, with power supply from the power coming in PRE circuit board, or by replacing the 7 pin with upsized wires if necessary. So the wiring for the SR spinner would NOT be powering the vibrator, just activating the relay. Has anyone done this yet? I imagine it would work fine, but the SnowEx rep said tapping into the wiring would cause the unit not to work? I think if it was only for a signal with no draw, it would be fine. Here's what the rep said last year...

SnowEx Products
    01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
    I have a good question for the SnowEx rep. on here...

Because our controllers use dual-pulse modulation, you can’t cut into the wiring harness. If you cut into it, the controller will give you an overload code. The reason we use dual-pulse modulation is for calibration purposes. This ensures the spinner will always turn at a consistent rate according to the speed setting.

Furthermore, cutting into your wiring harness will void your warranty, so for all these reasons, we don’t recommend that you do it. Thanks!

I know there were several posts on here about guys installing vibrators on these units, because they are so small they tunnel easily. Speak up guys! I need your insight and help!
    :mechanic:

2. Riccas

Riccas Member

No thoughts? Or is everyone busy making money!?

3. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

Im curious as to if this worked or not???

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know anything about snowex spreaders, but seems to me you are making this way too difficult. Mount vibrator, power through a simple on/off switch. Turn on when you want/need it. Leave off when you don't. Don't know if you have ever run a vibrator before, but they are NOISY. May be some accounts that you are servicing at 0200 hrs that might be nice NOT to have the noise if not needed (apts).

5. DomaD

DomaD Member

Mt, how do you like the sr-210, i was thinking about getting one, good, bad, any problems etc???