1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SR110/210 your experience

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by exmark, Dec 17, 2010.

1. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Thinking about picking ones of these models up today or sometime this weekend. I have read a couple things about them on the website here, but nothing came up that had peoples reviews on them. Just let me know what your experience with this spreader is and its pros and cons. Thanks

2. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

I just bought the 210, the smaller one can spread rock salt. Its not bad for a little spreader good range about 20' on 100%. Save youself and buy a couple cans of silicone and spary down the hopper real good. I got a bad pallet of salt, its real fine with some bigger pices in it and it seams to pack down in the hopper and wont fall down into the auger. Lastly it all depends on how fast you need to get on and off the lot, between refills and a few get outs to kick to hopper to get the salt fall down its not bad. I did just order a 80lb vibrator for it, with that this spreader will be all I need. Would I buy it again? For the price and the little bit of extra im putting into it..YES

3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Thanks. I saw one at my dealer the other day and they wanted 630.00 for it, I think. Does that sound about right? The plan with it is to only use it for a few years until I buy a liquid deicer unit. The reason why I want to buy this model of snow ex spreaders is because once I retire it off my truck, it will go onto my quad. I think im going to go ahead and pick one up sometime next week when I get a chance. What's the difference between the 110 and the 210? On the website it just said that the difference was one spreads small salt and the other large salt pellets, I also would like to spread sand threw it. Would that be a problem. Thanks again.

4. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

hey not to hijack your post. I was actually interested in the 210 as well. A guy here in New jersey is selling them for 400, I'd be happy to pick you one up although I don't know what shipping would be. Probably still cheaper that 600+. Supposedly they were demo units, but they look brand new. If your interested jd179@cavtel.net. I have paypal if your into that.

5. exmark

exmark Senior Member

No thanks. Ill keep it local. Thanks

6. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

snoex

no problem, let me know how it works out for ya. I think I'm gonna pick one up, but funds are tight with the holidays and all. It would save me from freezing doing the walk behind thing if you know what I mean.

7. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Hey Exmark
    central parts warehouse is the cheapest around. i just got the 110 model and 520.00 tax and shipping included.I live in Illinois so i had to pay sale tax. I think it will be good, ebay they want $599.95 and that not with shipping. shipping is 110 to ship it. just to save you some cash

curt

8. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

I bought the SR-110. I am not happy with the unit. I am only putting calicum chloide pellets down and it will only spread them about 6' wide on the high speed mode. The SR=210 will spread only bagged rock salt. I know of one contractor who has 6, SR-210's on sidewalk plowing equipment. He says they work fine in his operation. I will be selling my SR-110 for $300.00 half of what I paid for the Unit . I only used it twice this season.

9. Riccas

Riccas Member

Just picked up 2 of them for $475 + tax here at Home Depot in Connecticut.

I'd be weary of anything made last year. Only the new ones are good, lots of problems in the early 2010 models i hear...

Picked up an 80lb vibrator myself. Plan on running bulk salt myself.

-- Rick

10. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

I put a vib on mine too works like a champ now. Bulk would be if'e i run bag and with the few rocks i get they get stuck in the auger and wont let the salt by.

11. Riccas

Riccas Member

Did you wire up the vibrator seperately or just tap off the power lead to the spinner motor?

12. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

Seperately, you dont want it on all the time. The spinner cant keep up and then the vib just packs the salt in realtight.