1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

squirrel in tailpipe??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cward05, Oct 2, 2004.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hello everyone, is it at all possible to have a squirrel in my tailpipe? One day this past week, I saw a part of a tail of a squirrel next to my pipe and then when I turned it on, the engine was racing and it seemed as though the pipe was clogged. I have a 2 1/4 pipes. Also, when I drive my truck, a wheezing noise is coming from what seems like the engine. Thanks.

P.S. IS there any way to check inside my pipe without dissassembling it? It is dual side exhuast.

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Try sticking a wire snake up your exhaust and see if yo get any blockages. Does your truck sit for extended periods of time? Does your exhaust smell like burnt nuts? :)

3. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hello, no it does not smell like burnt nuts, but the truck does sit for some time unused. When I turn on the truck, the exhuast is spitting out a lot of water (it doesnt smell like gas), and some more smoke than it used to. Also, under the truck smells of gas more than it used to. What could this be? Thanks again.
    -Christian

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Did Eddie Murphy come pay you a visit??? :)

5. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Maybe I'm just slow, but I have no idea what that joke is trying to imply hahaha. Could you spell it out? Thanks lol.

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

"I'm not going to fall for the ole squirrel in the tail pipe"

7. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I really don't think he has seen the movie. Check out his profile it says he is 18. Nothing wrong with being 18 but I really don't think he has seen the movie. I think that is even funnier than your post.

8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Water coming out of your tail pipe is not uncommon. It is condensate from the muffler and pipes. You can have your exhaust checked for back pressure by having a pressure gage place where you O2 sensor goes. Normally used to check for a clogged converter, but should tell you if the pipe is clogged...Chuck