1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

squeeky steering wheel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CAT420, Oct 14, 2009.

1. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

ok so i have an obnoxious noise on my 03 2500hd in the steering wheel. it is a really bad squeek and i cant find where its coming from or what to do or lube. also my cousin has this problem in his 04 1500 but his is like a loud vibrating hum? any ideas to cure this would be appreciated

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

have you tried the standard procedure for annoying noises in the truck and Hit the steering wheel really hard yet?.. sorry i could resist

3. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

yes haha but no its become really annoying and im not looking forward to it this winter

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

yea i can only imagine.. ill ask around to some people i know and see if i can come up with anything for you

5. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

ok thanks let me know

6. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

There was a recall on Gm on the steering column on 2500Hds to the steering box, have it checked at the local dealer

7. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

I had a rattle that I could not find and was ready to replace the intermediate steering shaft and found the plastic cover on the steering colum was making my rattle. I hope this helps.

Later,
    Jack