1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

squealing fischer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sonnyny, Jan 24, 2004.

1. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

I bought a used fischer elec/ hyd pak (older speedcast) and so far it works great. When I changed the fluid to a low temp $$$$ hyd fluid a few weeks ago I noticed a squealing sound when I drop or sometimes when I angle. It is pretty loud in all temps even though up here in Vt. we haven't seen 15 degrees for weeks. Anybody think it is just coincidence. Shoukd I be concerned about the noise? Should I go back to tranny fluid and see what happens? I would appreciate some advice.
  2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I'd make sure you put enough fluid in. Does the plow still fuction normally?
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would not run tranny fluid stick with reg hydraulic fluid and small amount of rubbing alcohol keeps from freezing absorbs water
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Nothing but a Polar bear runs happily in this frigid weather.
  5. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

very true micki
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What you probably hear is some free play in the pump now that you have switched to a lighter fluid. You should be alright as long as everything else seems to function properly and with good pressure.

You should never add alcohol to "plow fluid", it already had a de-icing agent added and to much alcohol can damage the o-rings.
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

a couple of drops doesn't hurt