1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Squeaking new plow.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Buckeye Chuck, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

I got my first year in plowing. New truck and new Western Plow. I noticed at the end of the season I started getting a kind of loud squeak (most of the time) when raising and lowering the plow. I don't think it is the truck. I sprayed the coils and the hydraulic cylinders with light oil but doesn't seem to help. I can't figure it out. I'm not sure if will act up for me if I bring back to dealer (hr. drive).
    Any ideas.

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Have a fiend lift your blade while your listening were it's comming from. I always use spray on wht. lithum grease on all my moving parts to keep equipment from wearing and creeking. Good luck Inspector!

3. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

That is what I have to do. Have someone around when it's acting up. Now that spring has sprung, probably be next snow fall. I think it has a two year warranty, which is good.