1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Squeak in right front wheel joint.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Moonlighter, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Hey all I was wondering if anyone had the same issue I am having. First it's a 94 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.9l Magnum. I had a squeaking wheel joint in my right front so last year I changed it out three different times. This year the same squeak is back, I grease everything after each storm to keep water out of all the parts. I also have the front axle locked at all times but it only pulls when I engage the transfer case, there is no squeak when running with no load (transfer case not engaged) The funny thing is at the start of the day today it was squeaking really bad under load and turning, towards the end of the run it only did it while I was turning hard under load. I have lifetime warranty parts on it so changing it isn't the issue. The previous owner of the truck never had this issue with it. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, and possibly it's something else out of line causing this problem. HAPPY NEW YEARS :drinkup:
  2. pyro29

pyro29 Member

You mentioned greasing, do you have greasable front u-joints?
  3. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Yes I do, and they were greased before heading out.
  4. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

My 1999 2500 Ram that I just recently picked up, does the same exact thing but only when its cold, if you run it around for awhile it goes away.... I thought my hub assembly was going bad, but checked everything over and all checks out fine.... Let me know if you figure yours out..