1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Square Iphone credit card reader?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Elite Property Services, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

i have something similar from intuit that works with my quickbooks, i haven't run a swipe on the reader yet, but i have used the app to run a card of a customers.

3. tjslider

tjslider Member

Yes, I have one and use it mostly for the "flag-me-down" customers. Works well.
    You can have the customer sign it, and email them a receipt immediately.

TJ

4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

They can have it texted to (the receipt) I think it's like 2.75 % per swipe and like 3% if you have to key it in.
    The money will show up in your bank account by 2300 hrs that night.

5. greg8872

greg8872 Member

I have one, and so far the only swiped I did was to test it when I got, those went in withing 3 days (I believe it had an initial delay only for when the account was set up)

Works amazingly simple. One thing to read the fine print on is what if someone disputes a change. I believe part of the agreement is that they can pull the funds back out of your bank account.

Since it lets you take a picture and attach it with the receipt, have them hold up the CC, covering up all but last 4 digits with their finger unher they face and take a picture. ;-)

Seriously though, if I were to start using it often, I would set up a separate checking account for just this, and transfer funds out. A chargeback may make that account go negative, but the main account that is paying bills would be good (unless you are at a bank that will auto pull from one account to cover another)

-Greg

PS, I use mine on my Droid 2

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There is a tv commercial running with that.

7. cosgo

cosgo Member

I use "Iswipe" no reader, just type it in, takes 15 seconds and your on your way. dont even have to meet the customer.

8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Got One ... It's The Bomb !!!!

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have it, it's awesome

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Signed up for it today after seeing this....glad to see others are liking it. Its amazing what a cell phone, i mean smartphone, can do these days