1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Square App for smart phone's

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by EPM, Jan 10, 2011.

1. EPM

EPM Member

Is anyone currently using the Square app on their smart phones? I stumbled across it the other night and seems to be a good idea when on the road. Ive been flagged down too many times and asked, "how much to plow my drive," only to find out the customer only has $15 in their pocket and send me on my way. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

little more info please. what is t?
  3. EPM

EPM Member

Its a moble credit card processing app. you load it up on your smart phone and they send you a swiper. was hoping someone on here was using it. i found it on the market for droid. rates look to be ok, and no monthly fee/contract.
  4. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I'm going to try it. Just signed up to get the card reader. May even cancel my credit card processing if it works good enough. Will report back...
  5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  6. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Waiting to hear feedback as well!
  7. cosgo

cosgo Member

I use ISWIPE on my Iphone... works great. I paid for the app when i got it, but its free now. Doesnt matter which one you use, your still going to pay a fee to the provider. Its going to cost you apx. 15/month plus 1.5-3% of the transaction.
  8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I think im gonna give it a try also, surely cant hurt the pocket book anymore than the customers I have been burned by in the past with either bad checks or no payment when I billed them !!!

9. EPM

EPM Member

From everything Ive read about SQUARE so far, there is no monthly fee. There also is no contract, and the rates are reasonable considering all this.

I like the idea of being able to run a customers credit card at their front door. With everything like this I'm a skeptic though. Guess i just don't trust anyone with all my bank info.
  10. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

subscribing to hear reviews, i have been looking into this, I have had a few clients request and even some say " I would go with you if you accepted credit cards", however I usually work something out with them and still get them, normally paypal but this would be great to have.
  11. EPM

EPM Member

I read through a bunch of the comments on it and they all looked very good. Alot of people complaing about tech support and one guy that said they took $50 dollars from his account. From everything i read though it is the highest rated credit card app for what ive saw.
  12. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

So is it like paypal in the manner of it direct deposits to your account?
  13. EPM

EPM Member

From the way i interpreted it, you can either take a check from the company or they will deposit it to your bank account. Their terms and conditions was about a mile and a half long so i haven't read all of it yet.
  14. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I use Square and find it a great option for my residential clients. I have one client that only pays with his Debit card. I pay 2.75% per transaction and that is it! Have gotten paid every time quickly!
  15. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

What is the normal lead time for the funds to be deposited into your account? The lead time I had years ago was about four days through a different company.
  16. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

3-4 days if on a weekend less durring the week...
  17. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Anyone else have any feedback on it?
  18. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

just installed it. I will let you know how it works. great find guys.
  19. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Works Awesome! Got the card reader in the mail, can't wait to use it!
  20. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Can you enter the numbers manually if the card reader can't read the card or poor reception?

Does the customer sign somewhere?

What about the customer disputing the charge?

How quick do you get the cash?