1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sqft pricing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenP, Jan 2, 2003.

1. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I trying to refine my bidding practices a little. Does anyone here use a sqft pricing method? If so do you include salting and sidewalks too in that number? Looking for any and all opinons. Thanks in advance for your ideas.
  2. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

depends on the size. bigger and more open it is the lower the $.

Have done a $0.11 CAN /sq ft for the season on a 3 acre lot before. worked out well. about 4800 per acre

By the time maybe about $0.01 per square foot

That's the market around here anyway....
  3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I used to price by the square yard between .28 - .40 cents depending on the size of the lot. Now pricing as follows: Size of lot converted into hours to plow x hourly rate. Simple and accurate.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I tried to figure some sq ft pricing based on our accounts from last year. Some worked out to (not a typo) $0.003 per sq ft, and others as much as $0.45 per sq ft.

As much as I would like to be able to figure sq ft pricing, there are just too many variables, and markets, even in a somewhat small market area.