1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Springwise Facility Management

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by purpleranger519, May 15, 2009.

1. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Has anyone dealt with them lately?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

yes. they used to be genesis. changed name. I have a couple of there accounts. but someone said they were bought by us maintenance. i still get paid and they dont hound me like usm.

3. anonymouse

anonymouse Junior Member

I used to work with them when they were Genesis. I still do handyman work for them as Springwise. They apparently "rebranded". and were not bought out by anyone. I guess they were getting tired of being mistaken for like every other Genesis company eh?
    I do speak to the ladies in the office quite regularly. I prefer working with them over most other maint co., and I think they pay about as fast as any other company, and they've been around for some 20 years.

4. snowflinger

snowflinger Junior Member

how come this springwise doesnt have a website? and if they do does anybody know the address or phone number for thier headquarters?? they just took over alot of accounts in my area from us maint, and im wondering whats thier next move? as far as sub contracting! anybody???

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I just got a call from them yesterday. They sent out bid sheets for a Target . They want info on number of islands how many bushes ,mulch need ,lawn cutting .Also they need a bid for snowplowing and salting and shoveling . They need all this in 2 days.

http://www.springwisefm.com/

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Well of course....you don't expect them to do their own leg work do you? No good broker would actually spend their own time getting familiar with the sties they manage.

Interesting note on the bragging they do with all the "associations" they are affiliated with. They are not a SIMA member, or affiliated with any landscape industry association (other than IA), yet their signature on the bottom of each web page is oriented toward those activities.

7. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

They have a website. I started dealing with them about a month ago and so far they have been very good to deal with. I wont know the real deal on them until winter...and then we will see how they are on payments, but in talking with them they seem very easy to work with.

8. snowflinger

snowflinger Junior Member

does anybody else have a problem with these brokers/mgmnt companies taking all these contracts and subing them out for peanuts?? it is disturbing that when you talk to a CO for 1 account, only to be told that they gave 86 of them to a company they have no clue about only that they have fancy made up website!! its getting out of hand and killing the little guys! and they havnt got a clue on how they are being serviced, they arent even in the same time zone half the time! they take10-20grand off the top just for makin a phone call, not cool :gunsfiring:

9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Unfortunately these national brokers do fill a niche. To these larger corporations and national companies it simplifies their procurement process by centralizing all of their locations through one of these brokers. That's where their focus is. It's not about who the contractor is, or the contractors viability to service their locations. They just expect it to be done.

In a nut shell it's the brokers job to beat up who they can (and hope the job gets done right) in order make their profits.