1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Adironscapes, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Adironscapes

Adironscapes Junior Member

Does anyone have a ball park figure of what front end springs for a 2002 F-350 would cost? Mine has 60,000 on it and I think it might be time for replacement. I must say out of all the trucks I have had this is the best truck ever.
  2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

F-350 springs installed into my 250 ( new u-bolts, and hardware) is $750...I need more capacity and want to do it right...Heading into the shop next week.
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

If you're springs are worn out that soon, you should probably add a full length leaf as well as replace the springs.
  4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Springs wore out that 60,000 miles??? What makes you thing that? My 99 has over 240,000 miles on it with the orginal springs, they seem fine to me and the truck doesn't much if any lower that other duallys. And my 03 has 75,000 miles and the orginal springs also and it sits the same height as it did with 750 miles.
  5. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

First how about welcoming him/her to the site. (they only have 2 posts):rolleyes:
    Secondly there are about 3-4 different spring codes used on the F350, F250, and Excursion with very different spring rates, thus this is why it is common for some trucks to have spring sag way earlier then another truck.

Adrionscapes welcome to the site! Glad you like your truck. Check your door jamb sticker toward the bottom you will see the letters SPR. Below the SPR what two letters does your sticker have? This will tell you what spring package your truck has, and what steps are needed to correct your problem. It is not hard to find a low mileage set of springs at a good price from someone who has installed a lift kit. I got all 4 "x-code" springs for $100.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  6. ABM

ABM Junior Member

I bought new "X" code springs for my 02 and they cost about 275.00 from the dealer. Installed them myself and it took about two hours, not a lot of fun but not that bad either. I would definitely say it was worth it, with the new springs the front end only goes down an inch with an 8.2 Boss V. The stock springs let it sag about 3.5 - 4 inches, BIG difference.
  7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Did you just replace X springs with X springs or did you upgrade from a lower rating spring to the X? Can't believe the springs would wear out so quick.