1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spring upgrade

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snoluvr, Jan 2, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have an '03 250 superduty. gvw is 8800#. I have a fisher 8' and tailgate spreader. I pull out of the sand pit just under 11,000#!!
    I contacted a spring company and was quoted $5235 for adding three leafs to each side.Does this sound right? I may do this or 2 leaves and a helper.My stock helper does not really contact the springs at all.Not sure if it is common on this truck..any ideas?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Tell me $5230 is a typo. Around here one helper spring each side is around 400.00 installed.

Regard's Mike

3. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

we payed like $450 for both sides on a 2002 f-250 maybe there giving you a new rear as well and some leather seats , just kidding go to bigger shop that works on big trucks such as garbage trucks or tri axle dumps that specialize in suspensions.

4. ABM

ABM Junior Member

I agree, two springs installed should not be more than $450.00. I did my front end myself and the springs were $218.00, the rear I had a spring shop do and they were $437.00 out the door on my 2002 F-250

5. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

I got a quote from Donovan Spring in Manchester NH for under $900.00 for additional springs front and rear on my F-350 dump truck. This would jump my rating from 11,500 to just over 13000#.

6. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

im guessing a typo?
    how in the world do they justify that kind of money?

7. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

upgrade

No, they quoted me $525. I was typing too fast i think. I need more capacity. I have a box in the bed, I fill with about 1 yard of mix, and the rear end sits too low.My spreader mounts bottoms out. I have a fisher speedcaster 2.
    I may go with the 2 leafs and a set of helpers, maybe smoother than 3 leafs, and cheaper than a new truck.

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

My spring guy suggested air bags more capacity same money as add a leaf.

Regards Mike