1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Upgrade vs Mount Height

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I searched around and couldn't find the answer... If i swap out the front springs in my 05 f350 for the 6000lbs will i need to adjust the mount height on my plow? Thanks. If it will be too much of a PITA I can always just toss a set of timbrens on.

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

bump to top

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Did you search " Plowing with a lifted truck" ? etc. It has been discussed in the past. Might try asking in the forum that pertains to your plow manufacturer, listed above the truck forums..

4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

If you are getting the OEM springs, I don't believe it will change the ride height very much(probably < 1") but the stiffer springs will be better with the plow. Also, I see in your signature that you are using a Boss. Is that the RT3 mount on your truck? Most I have seen(and my mount) have 8 bolts that can be adjusted for the height of the truck relatively easily.