1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spring tool

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Apr 9, 2012.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Do a search for fisher spring installation.

Me and a couple of other people have posted ways on how to install them easily.

My method was putting the moldboard face down and using a come-along (hand winch) to pull the spring into position to install the bolts.

Took maybe 15 minutes to install 4 springs.

4. chevyzrule810

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

What a waste of money. U can use big screwdriver and a block of wood , Its not like they have much pressure on them.Could not get much easier.

6. chevyzrule810

where would you put the screwdriver and block of wood? I'm trying to picture it in my mind.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

through the hole on te top of the spring assm. Block of wood on the perch just below. There is next to no pressure on them not a big deal no matter how u do it.

8. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I got a free spring tool . When Fisher gave me a new moldboard for my '97 8'
    Where are you in Ma ?