1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Swap Done

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Did my front spring swap today went to the 6000lb'ers job took about 1hr 15mins, and sags considerably less now when the plow is on, ride is slightly worse,but truck sits about an inch higher now. If anyone has questions on how to do this just ask,cost 150 bucks and a little bit of time, this is FAR better IMO than using timbrens.

2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I would love to know how to do this altho I see you have a 2005 so I am going to assume you had coil springs and not leaf springs. I am looking for somewhere online to buy extra leaf springs for my F350's.

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Heres a write up of what you gotta do:

1) Pull the front wheels and tires.

2) Jack up the truck by the front axle, and put stands under the FRAME.

3)Remove the Brake Line bracket on both sides, using a 10 mm socket.

4)Remove the lower shock bolt using an 18mm socket.

5)Slowly lower the axle and let the frame sit on the stands.

6)When the springs slack off pull them out, put the coil cap on the new springs and line up the new coils on the cap.

7)Put the new coils in, and put it back together.

Very simple job that is done in about an hour, if you got a decent garage. Cheaper than and way more effective than timbrens, ultra simple job.