1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spring plowing

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by dan67, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dan67

dan67 Member

one of the dryist winter we've had in a long time, Things are starting to grow already. Still plowing though, Horse manure not snow. Use my Farmall "H" for the big stuff and my atv for the small areas.

atv 002.jpg

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have done this before they plow dirt good. I have plowed sand with mine also. I plowed my beach at my camp. I have also leveled dirt with it. nice quad by the way

3. dan67

dan67 Member

EaTmYtailpipes, This is were your back blade would shine.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

We did something similiar this weekend

More like a spring cleanup

P1000618RS.jpg

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya it would lol. i havent used it in awhile because I cant ride trails with it on because the toplink moves too much

6. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

im glad winter is gone tell about dec or so. i did pretty good ploing snow this yr. but the last month has been crap. if we got snow it melted in a day or so. plus it would almost be dry. then it snow again and make it all mud. i got a chance to put differnt spring on my home made plow a while back but it still was to trippy. so i added another. seemed to help. i got board this last week and where i have my wheeler stored i used my plow to grade the storage shed drive. since it was all rutted up. it did a fair job, but i have a home built 3pt pull behind system that works alot better on gravel. better hight control and dont leave waves. my plow would dig in and take more than needed and make a mound. but after a bit i got it under cintrol. id like to take my plow off and put it away. but after the road restrictions go off in mid may i have a driveway to grade and spread gravel on. the atv plow would work great for moving it. and the pull behind grader and box scraper will work great for shaping it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I have to find a category 0 york rake. then i will be set :)

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

That is kinda neat

Looks like it was built with a huge Erector set

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya it does lol. mine are set and ready for the next ride within the next couple weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. dan67

dan67 Member

chuckraduenz, I like what you did. Were did you get the steel? I'am going to try something like that,

11. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

lol. haha. it was free, and it works....... least if i break somethin i can go to the store to buy replacment erector set parts. lmao...................................! ill ask the clerk if they have any 15ft straight erector set pieces?......

they were origanly about 12' long if i rember. but back when i was a kid. i lived on a farm that had an old chickin coupe. the steel with all the holes was barn cleaner track that hung from the roof for the crap tank then got rolled out side to dump. i had a a few pieces. but i dont rember what happen to it all. works pretty good. if i need to add somethin theres bound to be a hole that i can bolt it to. i wish i could find a few more pieces.

WISH I WAS A KID AGAIN!!!!