1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spring over shock on 09 sierra 1500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by naturalgreen, Oct 6, 2009.

1. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

How do I improve this new truck it sags way more than I like. I have timbrens on my 05 but I know nothing of this suspension. Just want to know what to do I know timbrens, torsion bars and all that but cant find any info on this.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No more T-bars but you can add a Timbren "type" suspension support, they are available from a number of manufacturers we have them for $129 up to $219.

3. naturalgreen

I knew there had to be something. Just did not see much info on it. I want to beef up the front and back I have a 93 1500 that sags less with the trailer on it. Thanks Ill look them up.

4. naturalgreen

what do you suggest, Has anyone done this to nbs sierra

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a 2008 Chevy Z71 last year, had the same problem and was pissed off.

It is a very easy fix...you need a 2 inch leveling kit for the front end & #450 of ballast in the back.

6. naturalgreen

thanks I got the heavy duty suspension and towing package. What a joke

7. Lux Lawn

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yeah GM has gotten "mushy" with their suspensions since more people use them as grocery getters than work them. Plus it seems like we are in the plush era of everything . I wouldnt be a bit surprised if they didnt come back out with that Corinthian Leather that Chrysler used back in the 70's, LOL:) I would even shop around for some stiffer coils for it as well. Honestly, take some measurements, and see if the spring buckets are the same, and get a set of HD coils from the new Ford super duty trucks with plow prep. Doubt the front will sag then!!!!

9. Lux Lawn

Thats right Tom, they are making these trucks ride like cars now.

10. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

no kidding, my 08 1500 with a 7'6" boss standard duty made it sag alot. when i first put the mount on the truck it was only about 6" off the ground. but it sure is nice to take a road trip in.

11. naturalgreen

I will see only have 2000 miles but deer season is coming and I will be doing some driving so I will give it a try on some trips.