1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spring loaded plow blade keeps flipping over

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by bravo2zero, Jan 1, 2009.

1. bravo2zero

bravo2zero Junior Member

I just bought a push bar and snow blade for my griz 450, and the blade keeps flipping over, even after I tighten the springs.
    I[ve thought about replacing the springs with a threaded rod to hold it stationary.

It does it in the harder snow when the tractor and blade have plenty of power to move the snow.
    I don't drive abusively so I'm no real concerned about striking something with the blade anchored.

Any suggestions???

2. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

see i have the exact opposite problem my springs are way to strong to trip. i would not anchor it maybe add another spring or add some u-bolts as another mounting point

3. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

What kind of plow is it? If it is a Moose, and maybe other brands are the same, there is a square stop on the outside of where the plow bolts to the frame. If you turn it to different positions it changes the way the blade is angled in relation to the ground. I have changed mine to where it is too for forward and it trips on just about anything. You want it angled back more. Hope this helps.

4. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Add more springs :cool:

5. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Exactly! It is a square cam washer. one on each side.:D:D:D

6. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

They make differand tension springs, you want the SOB to trip if you hit a big rock ect.:D:D:D

7. bravo2zero

bravo2zero Junior Member

Mine has those, so I'll have to try it. thx

8. hondarecon4435

i know but i have no idea where to get them for now i will pray i don't hit anything hard. last year i took out a 2 course high brick wall around a flower bed..oops

9. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

i had to go to fleetfarm here and get 2 lighter springs. becuse i was plowing snow a few weeks ago, and hit i think what was a frozen rock. stoped me dead, i almost whent over the bar. and it also bent my pushtube a bit to one side. i thought i broke something. but i didnt. the object made a big scratch on my cutting edge. a deep one! after that day i got 2 lighter springs. not its easyer to trip, but i dont what to have to fix it since i dont have access to a welder now that i lost my job over a month ago. it seems to work fine tho.

[​IMG]

10. hondarecon4435

yea i will have to look around for some new springs if we ever get any snow