1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spring flood pictures from 2009. (Fargo ND)

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Sep 5, 2012.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

So Im sitting at home today with what I think is the swine flu....was at the Minnesota state fair over the weekend....yeah im sure its swine flu. lol Anyways I found some old pictures from the spring of 2009. We had a lot of snow that winter and then it rained one day and pretty much melted it in one day. Then the next day when the water was coming up we had a blizzard with 14" of snow. So here are some pics of us trying to build up and sandbag the dike around the farm in the beginning of the storm.

Road in front of the farm acts as the dike. This was starting the day we got the rain.
    001.jpg

This Ditch is about 40ft deep.
    002.jpg

This is the bridge over the wild rice river. Right now its just a trickle about 50ft down.
    003.jpg

This is the bridge the next morning with some snow starting to fall
    015.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

015.jpg

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

021.jpg

Hwy on bridge.
    024.jpg

Sandbagging in the shop to stay out of the storm.
    026.jpg

028.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

029.jpg

030.jpg

Truck dumping gravel on top of dike.
    033.jpg

Trucks were stuck and sliding off the roads all over the place.
    041.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

033.jpg

041.jpg

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Road in front of my parents house the next day after the storm.
    076.jpg
    084.jpg
    snowpile.jpg

That was a stressful spring trying to fight floods and move snow at the same time.

076.jpg

084.jpg

snowpile.jpg

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

A friend on mine farms over by New Rockford ND, he sent me some pics for around his place, boy they sure had a mess to deal with.They couldn't get into some fields for quite some time.

6. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, i hope to get some wild weather here this upcoming season. Just snow though, none of that flooding stuff lol.

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

That's a brutal weather combo. I should put up a few picks of the flood in Duluth a couple months ago.