1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Brackets

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PeteB4, Nov 26, 2013.

1. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

Are these spring brackets too worn? Looking at buying this plow. This is the worst of the plow...no cutting edge.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

2. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

Am I worried about nothing?

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

What are we looking at I don't see anything broken Don't see anything wrong

4. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

Nothing broken. The bottom of the bracket that the spring is bolted to is a bit worn because the guy did not have a cutting edge on the trip edge. I'm just wondering if this could be bad. I know I should put a cutting edge on, but I'm just making sure I'm not buying a known problem. I searched a little bit but didn't find too much.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I don't see nothing wrong But after you put a edge on it might be issues down the road but who knows

6. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the replies, Antlerart.

7. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Nothing wrong until you back away from a pile and see the spring lying on the ground. You are a long way from that if you go ahead and bolt on a cutting edge now. You also need to be sure the A-frame is level when the plow is resting on the ground. If it slopes down towards the truck end, it puts the brackets closer to the ground, not to mention sitting cockeyed when t it is angled.

When it just starts to wear into the bolt head is the time to lay something on the edge of that bracket and get out the Lincoln hot glue gun. If you catch it then you can usually flip the plow over and weld it without dis-assembly. Just need to be careful not to stick the spring bar to the mount. I usually just use a junk bolt or something.

If you build it up too far it will leave marks on the pavement/gouges in the gravel.

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

They are fine. Just don't let the edge get worn down to that point again and you should be fine. Most dealers will have some of those in stock so if they do break it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

9. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

BIG DOG and HALH, thanks for the great answers!! I'm all set now.