1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Adj 8.5 Pro Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cargochief, Feb 13, 2009.

1. cargochief

cargochief Junior Member

Hey Guys
    I know this has probably been discussed in here before but I didn't see it. I have a Ultramount 8.5 Pro with 3 springs finally got some snow in Ok the other day and went out soon as I got any significant amount of snow against the blade it flipped so cranked up the springs but can't find the proper adjustment for the springs on the Western site? Blade was just overhauled before I bought it. I don't think they tightened them up enough. Sorry for the windage.
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

from the top of the spring count down 3 loops,coils what ever you want to call them. Then try and feed a piece of paper thru. If it goes thru they are tight enough. If not tighten them until it does.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

3 springs? You sure it's not a Unimount?
  4. cargochief

cargochief Junior Member

Thanks It sounds like it's just like my Myers.
  5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It snows in Oklahoma???????????????:eek:
  6. cargochief

cargochief Junior Member

Yes it is a unimount I did some more homework. And it does snow in Ok but not near enough for my liking. Born in western Mass and grew up in Iowa.