1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreading the word

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by jkiser96, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Dano I knew this stuff was good but it just saved me about $350. I took my tailgate spreader apart since it was locked up, I cleaned all the old grease out of the geabox & filled it with FF. I tried to turn the shaft with channel lock pliers before hand but after FF and about 5 minutes I was able to turn it with my hands. I have sprayed it out 2 times & refilled wit FF but now I am letting it soak all night before the final cleanup & regrease. I thought about filling the case with FF instead of regular grease, what are everyones thoughts on this.:salute:

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Hey, thanks for the testimonial!

3. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

hey that's great. i wish you had pictures or something you can show us.:salute:

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would use grease in case for normal use and then clean andlube it with FF when your done with it for the year.

5. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I ended up putting synthetic waterproof grease in the case as well as around all the seals. I am going to spray FF in the bottom of the spreader where the motor & gearbox are just to be safe.:salute:

6. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

My snow ex spreader wouldn't turn, so I sprayed FF on it, then after 3 min. It spun like it was new.

7. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

This stuff is a very cheap fix compared to new parts, I will definitely attest to that.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think Dano would prefer the word "inexpensive" as to 'cheap" !:nod:

9. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

OOPS This was a very inexpensive repair compared to a new gearbox. Thanks GV I didn't want to sell FF short.:nod:

10. Dano50

from CA

Oh yes, much better. :drinkup:

11. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

My fuse box at home keep popping when I plugged my block heater in so I was going to bring it to the shop because my last truck the core was bad so I just sprayed some FF on the block heater plug in and it quit popping the box. Not sure why but was happy. I even went and bought a new extension cord and didnt help. Any ideas why?

12. Dano50

from CA

I really don't know...

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Say it aint so Dano!