1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jax1013, Dec 29, 2002.

1. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

salt spreader

i'm looking to sell my western tailgate 1000 spreader....looking to upgrade to sometype of v-box ...any help with this would be greatly appreciated...how much can i get for a 2year old spreader w/only 5 storms under its belt...

2. I looked at several that were priced at $450.00 and one at $350.00 all three are still for sale as far as I know. The $ 350 one was missing the wire harness. The others were used 3 years for several residential routes.

3. Typing too fast, were in New York area are you?

4. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

bob v
    i'm in Staten Island...and just got some small strip mall contracts...and need to go to a larger unit...right now i use the 80lbs. bags...and it just is a PIA to keep going this way...considering using the bulk...however very limited w/ space in the city...and places to buy salt...only 1 place on S.I...after that the closest guy is schooneberg in Brooklyn...back and forth could be 40min to 60min away...1.5 cu.yrds should do the job...i dont know enough about spreaders yet..just starting my research...please send any help that you can...thanks..
    Jack

5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite! As far as research goes, use the Search button at the top right of your screen. There is already Tons of info in here about spreaders. After you read all of that, then ask us any specific questions that may not have been answered & we'll help you get set up. You may want to keep some bagged material around anyway with only having 2 sources for bulk. They could run out during a big storm then you might have to drive hours to get to the next nearest place with salt still available. I have 4 suppliers with in 25 minute drive & there have been storms where they all ran out. Good luck.

6. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Jax,

Curious about the spreader your looking to sell? What kind of mounting system does it have. Swing away mount? Variable speed controler or just on off? Not a fan of buying used equipment but might be interested?

CMerrick

7. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

Cmerland

It is a swing mount variable spped with control inside cab. Still on truck. Emaill me with any questions.

Thanks

Jax1013