1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Novadiecast, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I need a spreader for my 2500 HD. I want something that is not too big, something that I can fill with bagged salt, something I can remove easily, something that won't break the bank, I would like it to be red(to match my Boss Plow and My black truck).

I only have a couple small lots to salt so I don't want it to be a big hassel. I have never had a spreader and don't know where to turn but winter is a coming and I probably need to act pretty fast.

Help me out and point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
  2. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I have a western Pro Flow spreader and havent had any problems with it, its easy to take on and off
  3. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Okay first: this is for pictures.
    Second: Because you asked I would say look at the Boss spreader. I have run mine a lot, and have had great luck. Then you could match lol:D But I would take a look at the boss spreader. I have the 1100 model. Good luck:drinkup:
  4. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Sorry, MODS please move. I seen the right section just after I posted the question.

So the Boss spreaders are good or Western for that matter????
  5. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

I don't know anyone personally that has a little western spreader...look around here tho maybe you can find some advice. I hear good and bad about the boss spreader...some had trouble with the motor thats used on the mount burning up...personally mine has worked great. All I can comment on is what I have and I really like it. Check one out and see what you think!