1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Acutabovesiny, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Acutabovesiny

Acutabovesiny Member

Im in the market for a truck mounted salt spreader (my first). I just want to know what are the price ranges I should be looking at?

2. scjjcj

scjjcj Junior Member
    from Boston

Just bought a Buyers light duty commercial for $625

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

V-Box or tailgate ?

I got my Western 1000 with the swing type truck mount tailgate spreader with a variable speed switch for $1050 installed in 2004.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Probably whatever you can afford.

How much salting are you going to do? Bagged or bulk? Are you a price shopper or do you want quality? What kind of truck?

5. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Question for the Reaper?

:waving: Reaper,
    I'm trying to upgrade in size, I've looked at many. Quality is importaunt over $ I have a Ram 1500 I have a fair amount of salting. I haven't seen the 1000 up close and personal and my local dealer would have to order one :sleeping: Would you recommend the 1000? How is the de-icer (salt) fed to the disk. Does it have a feed gate? Any info would be great.

Thanks,
    Pale Rider :gunsfiring:

6. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

I have a Western 1000 spreader with that is the swing away model for access to the bed of the truck. Lightly used. Would be willing to sell to you if your interested. I could even deliver it because I am in SI 3 times a week.