1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreaders

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TPC Services, Oct 17, 2006.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I looking into getting a hitch mount spreader not really now which maker to go with would like it to hold around 600 to 800 pounds though, Also would I be able to run sand in stead of salt threw itI was told you can't really put sand in a hitch mount spreader it gets pack to much ? any info will help

thanks

2. TPC Services

any body home??

3. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Western Pro flo2, From what I have heard. Do a search on hitch mount spreaders when you have a while to go through them all

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

littleo it's cummins not cummings lol

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I don't know if you will find one for your reciever that will hold that much. Usually a reciever type only hold around 400lbs. I have a Meyers mini jr. and I DON'T like it! It has a hard time spreading #1 rock salt and I'm going on my 2nd controller. We didn't do a lot of salting up until this year so it was ok for then but now I am looking into a 2yr old Fisher speed cast 2 that was used for a couple of seasons. Its a swing-away model I guess but that holds around 800-900lbs.

6. TPC Services

ya ya ya havn't had time to change it yet still getting crap for it need to type slower and look up more often

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  7. TPC Services

to clarify I am looking in to a tail gate style of spreader to unconfuse any one sorry!!

8. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Check out SnowEx